Friday, February 8, 2019

Marc Faber: I Am My Own Central Banker


Everyone always says, I want to buy low and I want to sell high. So I think for me, of course I own a lot of gold, and I need to buy more to keep asset allocation between 25% in Real Estate, 25% in equities, 25% cash and bonds, and 25% gold. 

I need to buy more. So for me this is a very happy event. I don’t like to buy gold at $1,900 like in 2011. I like to buy it here or lower.

Gold Broker: Do you think it will break under $1,000 like some people say?

Marc Faber: Look. The forecasting record of people is horrible, in particular, the forecasting record of the Federal Reserve. So, I don’t know, maybe it will go below $1,000 but my sense is that it will not stay below $1,000. 

I would use the current weakness as a buying opportunity. I’m telling everybody, you as an investor, and me as an investor, we cannot trust the government.

I am my own central banker. I keep my own physical gold. I do not trust anyone of these (unprintable word).

- Source, Money Talks